Tanning Drops and Face Cream Bundle
Your tan awaits and it really couldn’t be simpler! These are the perfect partners for glowing, hydrated skin.
Our colourless tanning drops deliver a lasting, natural glow to give you a sun-kissed complexion all year round, without exposing your skin to the sun.
- Develops in 2 hours
- Fast drying, no streaking, no staining due to the colourless formulation
- No horrible fake tan smell
- Natural DHA works with your skin to give you an all-over natural glow
- Be in control of your tan, the more drops, the deeper the tan
- Vegan, Cruelty Free, palm oil free
- Enriched with essential nutrients from coconut water such as amino acids, sugars, vitamins, minerals to nourish and hydrate, as well as orange and rose flower water to soothe and calm
Simply mix with our Face Cream which:
- Repairs and rejuvenates dull-looking skin
- Improves skin radiance
- Moisturises and evens skin tone
- Leaves your face feeling hydrated and nourished
- Is dermatologically approved for sensitive skin
We recommend doing a patch test first, to check this suits you, similarly if you have acne-prone skin.
Radiance-Boosting Face Cream Benefits for Different Skin Types
Our unisex Radiance-Boosting Face Cream is a hydrating antioxidant powerhouse, containing vitamin E.
- Dermatologically approved for sensitive skin
- Formulated without petroleum, silicones, alcohol, Formaldehyde, PEGs, Sulphates, Artificial Dyes
- Aloe Vera - soothes and hydrates
- Coconut Oil - acts as an effective, hydrating moisturiser
- Cocoa Butter - is well-known as beneficial for dry skin and delicate skin, and a natural antioxidant
- Shea Butter – superior moisturiser and protectant
- Calendula Oil – excellent for soothing and moisturising dry and chapped skin
- Apricot Oil – rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins with antioxidant benefits to help repair and rejuvenate tired, dull-looking skin
- Arnica Infused – astringent and stimulating
- Bisabolol – skin-protecting against daily environmental stress
- Turmeric extract is used as an anti-ageing active due to its antioxidant activity, by decreasing the depth of wrinkles. It also makes the skin look radiant and helps improve the skin tone, giving you a natural glow
- Sodium Hyaluronate - prevents signs of ageing by moisturising the skin and preventing water loss which can help with the appearance of wrinkles and dehydration lines
- Cocoa Butter – natural antioxidant and has excellent emollient properties
- Hysilk – supports the epidermal hydration and reduces oiliness
- Turmeric – evens skin tone, helps with redness and improves skin radiance
- Natural Vitamin E – antioxidant
If you have acne-prone skin, we recommend doing a patch test to check the suitability of this hydrating Face Cream. See here on details of doing a patch test.
Check out our blog here, to help you identify which skin type you have.
No added Fragrance
We’ve formulated both of these products with no added fragrance because we understand how sensitive some skin types can be.
How to use
Add 3-5 drops of our Naturally Glowing Self-Tan Drops to our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream, mix together well in your hand and apply to your cleansed and dry face and neck. If using on the body, mix well in your hand with your favourite body lotion to apply, again ensuring your skin is completely dry first.
The more drops you add, the deeper your tan, which works with your natural skin tone from paler skin right through to olive and darker skin tones.
Wash your hands after applying the Tan Drops. Your tan will develop in 2-3 hours and full colour can take up to 6 hours. Use as often as desired.
Do not apply the Tan Drops to broken or irritated skin. With both products, avoid direct contact with eyes, hair and fabric. If the products enter your eyes, rinse well with warm water.
These do not contain any SPF protection, and we recommend using an SPF with both products, whether you are using them together or separately.
Once opened, use within 12 months.
We recommend doing a small patch test before using these products to check that they suit your skin.
No Palm Oil
Many skincare products list palm oil, or its derivatives, in their ingredients but we choose not to use it in any form in ours, due to its negative impact on the environment, habitat, animals and eco-systems.
There’s hardly a day goes by without reading in the press about deforestation for palm oil production and the fact that the very existence of orangutans is threatened because of this.
Many ingredients used in skincare include a derivative of palm oil, and it’s not always obvious that it’s been used. For example, some emulsifiers are sourced from either palm oil or coconut and the manufacturer of the emulsifier may not differentiate the source. We can confirm that no palm oil or derivatives of palm oil are used in any of our products.
Formulated Without: Self-Tan Drops
- Palm oil (including derivatives of palm oil)
- Artificial dyes
Formulated Without: Face Cream
- Palm Oil (including derivatives of palm oil)
- Artificial Dyes
for Self-Tan Drops
All packaging for our Tan Drops is fully recyclable:
- Frosted glass bottle
- Plastic pipette lid
- FSC cardboard outer carton
- FSC cardboard inner liner
for Face Cream
All packaging for our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream is fully recyclable:
- Frosted glass jar
- Aluminium screw top lid with EPE liner
- FSC cardboard outer carton
- FSC cardboard inner liner
FAQS for Self-Tan Drops
- How long will my tan last?
Generally, it will last about 5 days, but It really depends on a number of things, such as: the quantity of tanning drops mixed with the moisturiser; your exfoliating routine; your skin type; and your individual cellular renewal – the older you are, the longer the cell turnover.
- Can I suntan whilst wearing Lucy Bee Tanning Drops?
Yes, you can still get a tan when using the Tan Drops. Fake tans do not produce a skin-protecting barrier like sunscreens, so tanning naturally can still occur. Please note they contain no SPF or sun protection, so it is important to also use an SPF.
- Can I use the Tanning Drops on the rest of my body?
Yes of course, just mix in as many drops as you’d like with your favourite body moisturiser and rub in well. Everyone's body size and shape is different, so it's hard for us to say how many drops you'll need. We recommend starting off with less and building up if you want a darker tan.
- How long do the Tanning Drops take to develop?
They develop in 2-3 hours and full colour can take up to 6 hours.
- Can I use the Tanning Drops whilst pregnant?
According to the NHS it's generally considered safe to use fake tan products during pregnancy. The active ingredient in fake tan - dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is a non-toxic substance. It can’t penetrate further than the top layer of the skin and it is not absorbed into the body.
- What colour will I go?
It really depends on your skin type. The more drops you add, the darker the tan. If you are fairer skin, then use less drops and build up. The benefit of the drops is that you can control how much you apply to your skin, and therefore the depth of the tan. We've added a few functional ingredients to gain a natural looking colour of your tan. The key one is erythrulose, a natural keto-sugar which takes part in Maillard’s reaction and leads to the formation of brownish polymers. It balances out the orange tones created by DHA (a colour additive), giving a deep, even and natural long-lasting tan.
- Are there other options than medium?
These medium tanning drops cover many skin colours. If you have fairer skin, then we’d recommend using less drops and building up if you’d like to see a darker tan.
- How does fake tan work? What is the reaction that creates tanned skin?
Sunless tanners contain dihydroxyacetone- commonly known as DHA. DHA molecules combine with the amino acids in the top layer of your skin to cause a chemical reaction which forms brown-coloured melaninoids. It is well known as Maillard reaction.
The individual cocktail of amino acids in the skin determines the tanning effect, that’s why each individual tans differently.
- What is DHA in skincare?
DHA is the standard self-tanning agent for all types of cosmetic products and has been the most common active agent used over the past 70 years. It is a solely natural reaction of DHA with the amines, peptides and free amino acids in a Maillard reaction (independent of UV rays) – this means it reacts with the top layer of the skin to tan. The benefit of using tanning drops is that you can achieve a sun-kissed glow without damaging your skin with harmful UV rays.
- Is the DHA used in the tanning drops natural or synthetic?
We can confirm that the DHA used in our Naturally Glowing Self-Tan Drops is 100% natural.
- Will the tan transfer to my clothes?
As with all tanning products, there can be some transfer of the product onto clothes if it hasn't sunk in properly, and this can be washed out. If applying the tanning drops to your body, whilst the product is sinking in and working its magic it may be best to wear loose clothing and avoid any lighter colours to reduce the risk of the tan transferring!
- How long will it take to develop?
It depends on the condition of your skin and also your skin type. The more tanned the skin, the quicker the drops develop. It also depends how much moisturiser you mix the tan drops with. As a general rule, it takes 2-3 hours to start developing and full colour can take up to 6 hours.
- Will makeup remover remove my tan?
It will remove a small amount of the tan, but you can keep applying more drops every day to keep a continuous sun-kissed glow. It’s important to note that physical and chemical exfoliators (including our AHA Dazzling Tonic) will remove the tan at a faster rate.
- Do the Tanning Drops smell?
No, we haven’t used any fragrance in the drops.
- Self-tanning versus natural tanning
When you sunbathe, UV rays cause the skin to increase its production of the protective pigment melanin, which manifests itself as a tan. Tan is actually a sign of skin cell damage, which can increase the risk of skin cancer and accelerate skin ageing. Using a self-tanner is always a safer option than traditional sun tanning as it can give your skin a tanned look without exposing it to harmful ultraviolet rays.
- What is the 5% of non-natural ingredients in the tanning drops?
This is preservatives which protect products from harmful microbial contamination, antioxidants and stabilisers. You can find most of these ingredients in nature and they are synthetised in the laboratory to get a pure and unique molecule.
- Why do you use Lucy Bee Coconut Water in the tanning products?
Coconut water is a great water alternative with additional skin moisturising benefits.
- How long does the product last?
This is difficult to give an exact answer because a drop isn’t easily quantified. However, as a guide, this 30ml bottle contains approximately 500 to 600 drops.
- How often do I need to apply for a natural glow?
This really depends on a number of things, such as how many drops you use, your cleansing routine, your skin type and your individual skin cellular renewal (the older you are the longer the cell turnover). Generally speaking, the tan will last about 5 days.
- Can I use any body moisturiser?
Yes you can.
- Will the tan wash off in the shower?
The Tanning Drops aren’t a wash-off tan. Instead, your tan will slowly wear off over a few days – the exact number of days depends on your cleansing routine, your skin type and your own individual cellular renewal. Generally speaking, the tan will last about 5 days.
- Can men use them?
Yes, they are great for men, as they are really natural in colour and work with the skin, so you cannot tell you have used a tanning product!
- Can I use them if I have rosacea?
UV rays by the sun can trigger rosacea to get worse over time. Even if you feel like your skin feels better from the sun, it can cause negative effects long-term, so it is best to avoid too much sun, but if you still want a natural glow then these tan drops are the perfect option.
The tan drops are fragrance free and Lucy has rosacea herself (although not always visible but easily triggered) and they are perfectly fine and she says they actually help cover up her rosacea or redness when she uses them which helps when socialising as she doesn’t get paranoid about her cheeks going red. Daisy, her sister also suffers with sensitive skin and finds they work perfectly fine for her and she doesn’t get any flare ups.
The Self-Tan Drops contain aloe vera, orange and rose flower water and (Lucy Bee) coconut water so are hydrating and soothing. As we always like to stress though, we are all different so we hope they work for you if you do try them!
FAQs for Face Cream
- Does the Face Cream contain SPF?
This Face Cream does not contain SPF. It is something we are working on behind the scenes, but it is hard to create an SPF that is natural or organic that performs well and feels good on the skin.
For us, we want to create a range that we are happy to wear and at the moment we are still in the trialling stages. We advise you wear SPF sunscreen with the Lucy Bee Face Cream and Self Tan Drops, and it is essential to wear an SPF with our Dazzling Tonic, due to the AHAs in the product.
- Is the range suitable for people with sensitive skin?
Our Face Cream has been tested by an independent testing house and they have confirmed that it is suitable for sensitive skin.
Everyone’s skin is different however, so we recommend doing a small patch test before using this to check that it suits your skin.
- Does this have a fragrance?
We’ve formulated this with no added fragrance because we understand how sensitive some skin types can be. You will still get a hint of the natural aroma of the ingredients used, which is perfectly normal as we have not deodorised the ingredients.
- Where are your products manufactured?
Our products are manufactured in the UK.
- What sets Lucy Bee apart from other natural skincare brands?
The ingredients we have used are all extremely effective.
Additionally, Lucy Bee is proud to have achieved so many great certifications for our skincare range. We pride ourselves on being clear and transparent with everything we do. By having these certifications, you can be sure that you are buying an organic, vegan, cruelty free, palm oil free product.
Lucy Bee Skincare has also been awarded the number 1 UK ethical best buy by the Ethical Consumer Guide. Their ratings take into account things like animal testing, human rights, climate change, environmental reporting, palm oil, company ethos, product sustainability, amongst many other factors.
- Can my child/teenager use Lucy Bee skincare products?
Our Reviving Cleansing Cream and Radiance-Boosting Face Cream are suitable for children over 9 and teens. We do not advise our Dazzling Tonic for children. For teens with problematic skin, you can use this product on the area of concern, dampen the cotton pad with water, apply the tonic, then use on the area once a day in the evening.
- Does your skincare range contain palm oil?
No. The reason our skincare range has taken so long to produce is because we instructed our manufacturers that we do not want palm oil or any of its derivatives in our products.
- Is the packaging recyclable?
We have done everything we possibly can to make sure our packaging is recyclable. The majority of the range is made from glass and aluminium so that everything can be recycled.
- Is everything paraben free?
Yes the entire range is free from parabens.
- Does the Face Cream contain alcohol?
In the cosmetic world, when a product states that it is “alcohol free” it is referring to the formulation being free from Alcohol Denat / Ethanol (ethyl alcohol), which our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream, Reviving Cleansing Cream and Dazzling Tonic are free from.
All other types of alcohol such as fatty alcohols (cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, etc.), preservatives such as Benzyl Alcohol should not be taken into consideration in this respect. Lucy Bee uses benzyl alcohol in some products. This is a broad-spectrum preservative system (it means it protects against bacteria, yeast and fungi) for personal care (combined to dehydroacetic acid). It meets COSMOS Organic standard and is effective in a wide pH range.
- Are your products tested on animals?
Absolutely not. Our products are all certified by the Vegan Society and by Cruelty Free International who both ensure that animal testing is not carried out.
- How should I store my products?
We recommend storing your skincare products in a cool, dry cupboard. We also recommend washing hands before using the products to avoid contamination, especially the face cream where you are dipping your hands into the product.
- How long will this product last?
Once opened, this has a shelf life of 12 months.
- Is this suitable for eczema sufferers?
Everyone is different so we wouldn’t like to say that they are definitely suitable for every eczema sufferer.
The Face Cream has been approved as suitable for sensitive skin so the ingredients are very gentle. However, if you are worried about using the products then we recommend trying a small patch test first before using properly.
- I have acne/prone to breakouts, can I use your products?
Obviously everyone’s skin is very different so people may have different reactions to things. This is an hydrating Face Cream and if you are worried then we recommend doing a small patch test before using the products.
- Are your products safe to use during pregnancy?
Our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream, Dazzling Tonic and Reviving Cleansing Cream are all safe to use if pregnant.
- Does this product contain nuts?
Our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream and Reviving Cleansing Cream DO contain nuts.
- Is this suitable if I have rosacea?
The range has been dermatologically approved for sensitive skin and has anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric, which helps with reducing redness. The range also contains aloe vera, coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and apricot oil which are all very soothing, nourishing, hydrating and skin-boosting due to the antioxidant properties.
Lucy suffers from mild rosacea on her cheeks and one of the other team members suffers more seriously with it and they have found the products have really suited their skin and have helped to calm and soothe it. It has also helped to keep the skin hydrated and it doesn’t trigger them to flare up or cause any irritation.
The range will help with hydration but of course everyone’s skin is different and if you have any concerns, we recommend doing a patch test first.
Ingredients for Self-Tan Drops
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water
Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water
Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water
Ingredients for Face Cream
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*
Glyceryl Stearate Citrate
Glyceryl Stearate SE
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*
Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*
Chondrus Crispus Powder
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*
Arnica Montana (Arnica) Flower Extract
Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Oil*
*organically grown ingredients
40% organic ingredients
98% natural ingredients
Contains nuts - not suitable for those with nut allergies
- UK Ethical Best Buy – Face Cream
- COSMOS Organic (Soil Association) – Face Cream
- Vegan Society - Self-Tan Drops & Face Cream
- Cruelty Free International - Self-Tan Drops & Face Cream