Organic Reviving Cleansing Cream 125ml
We’re putting the care back into organic skincare with our hydrating range
Our unisex Cleansing Cream:
- Hydrates, with organic coconut oil
- Gentle makeup remover
- Nourishes your skin all day
- Protects skin against environmental stress
- Leaves your skin refreshed and radiant
Dermatologically approved for sensitive skin and contains anti-ageing ingredients.
Benefits for Different Skin Types
Our Reviving Cleansing Cream is hydrating.
- Dermatologically approved for sensitive skin
- Aloe Vera – soothing and moisturising
- Coconut Oil - an effective, hydrating moisturiser, leaving skin refreshed and radiant
- Grapeseed oil - contains a high linoleic acid content which is moisturising and nourishing
- Passion Flower oil – skin-protecting against daily environmental stress
- Bisabolol – skin-protecting against daily environmental stress
- Arnica Infused – effective in healing damaged, tired skin
- Turmeric extract is used as an anti-ageing active due to its antioxidant activity by decreasing the depth of wrinkles. It also makes the skin look radiant and helps improve the skin tone
- Sodium Hyaluronate - prevents signs of ageing by moisturising the skin and preventing water loss which can help with the appearance of wrinkles and dehydration lines
- Vitamin E – antioxidant
- Hysilk – supports the epidermis hydration and reduces oiliness
- Turmeric – evens skin tone, helps with redness, anti-inflammatory and improves skin radiance
Check out our blog here, to help you identify which skin type you have.
No Added Fragrance
We’ve formulated this product with no added fragrance because we understand how sensitive some skin types can be.
How To Use
Rub the Cleansing Cream in damp hands and massage onto face and neck, then gently remove with the Lucy Bee Super Soft Muslin Cloth.
Repeat morning and evening as part of your daily skincare routine.
Removes makeup, including waterproof mascara.
Once opened, use within 12 months.
Perfectly matched with our Dazzling Tonic and Radiance-Boosting Face Cream.
We’ve used an aluminium tube for this product because of its environmentally-friendly properties ie it can be easily recycled time and time again.
Something to note with aluminium is that it is very flexible and it can soften and break if creased so we recommend squeezing from the end to get the product out, keeping the tube flat and smooth.
No Palm Oil
Many skincare products list palm oil, or its derivatives, in their ingredients but we choose not to use it in any form in ours, due to its negative impact on the environment, habitat, animals and eco-systems.
There’s hardly a day goes by without reading in the press about deforestation for palm oil production and the fact that the very existence of orangutans is threatened because of this.
Many ingredients used in skincare include a derivative of palm oil, and it’s not always obvious that it’s been used. For example, some emulsifiers are sourced from either palm oil or coconut and the manufacturer of the emulsifier may not differentiate the source. We can confirm that no palm oil or derivatives of palm oil are used in any of our products.
- Palm Oil (including derivatives of palm oil)
- Artificial Dyes
- Aluminium tube - we've used this because of its environmentally-friendly properties, ie. it can be easily recycled time and time again. Something to note with aluminium is that although it's very flexible, it can soften and break if creased and so we recommend squeezing from the end to get the product out, keeping the tube flat and smooth
- PP plastic screw top lid
- FSC cardboard outer carton
- FSC cardboard inner liner
- Is this product suitable for people with sensitive skin?
Yes, we’ve had this product tested by an independent testing house and they have confirmed that it is suitable for sensitive skin. However, we are all different so we recommend doing a small patch test before using to check that it suits your skin.
- Where are your products manufactured?
Our products are manufactured in the UK.
Does this have a fragrance?
We’ve formulated this with no added fragrance because we understand how sensitive some skin types can be. You will still get a hint of the natural aroma of the ingredients used, which is perfectly normal as we have not deodorised the ingredients.
- What sets Lucy Bee apart from other natural skincare brands?
The ingredients we have used are all extremely effective.
Additionally, Lucy Bee is proud to have achieved so many great certifications for our skincare range. We pride ourselves on being clear and transparent with everything we do. By having these certifications, you can be sure that you are buying an organic, vegan, cruelty free, palm oil free product.
Lucy Bee Skincare has also been awarded the number 1 UK ethical best buy by the Ethical Consumer Guide. Their ratings take into account things like animal testing, human rights, climate change, environmental reporting, palm oil, company ethos, product sustainability, amongst many other factors.
- Can my child/teenager use Lucy Bee skincare products?
Our Reviving Cleansing Cream and Radiance-Boosting Face Cream are suitable for children over 9 and teens. We do not advise our Dazzling Tonic for children. For teens with problematic skin, you can use this product on the area of concern, dampen the cotton pad with water, apply the tonic, then use on the area once a day in the evening.
- Does your skincare range contain palm oil?
No. The reason our skincare range has taken so long to produce is because we instructed our manufacturers that we do not want palm oil or any of its derivatives in our products.
- Do your products contain gluten?
No. Every Lucy Bee product is free from gluten as Lucy herself is a coeliac.
- Is the range certified Vegan?
Yes, the entire range has been approved by the Vegan Society.
- Is the range certified Cruelty Free?
Yes, the entire range has been approved by Cruelty Free International (Leaping Bunny).
- Is the range certified Organic?
Yes, the entire range has been approved by the Soil Association as COSMOS Organic.
Is the skincare range certified Fair Trade?
We’re passionate about the ethics and value of Fair Trade and where possible, we always buy Fair Trade ingredients. With our skincare range, unfortunately it hasn’t been possible for us to be able to include sufficient Fair Trade ingredients to allow these to be certified Fair Trade.
Where applicable, we use our own Lucy Bee Fair Trade ingredients, eg. Coconut Oil.
Is the packaging recyclable?
We have done everything we possibly can to make sure our packaging is recyclable. The majority of the range is made from glass and aluminium so that everything can be recycled.
- Is everything paraben free?
Yes, the entire range is free from parabens.
- Does this product contain alcohol?
In the cosmetic world, when a product states that it is “alcohol free” it is referring to the formulation being free from Alcohol Denat / Ethanol (ethyl alcohol), which our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream, Reviving Cleansing Cream and Dazzling Tonic are free from.
All other types of alcohol such as fatty alcohols (cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, etc.), preservatives such as Benzyl Alcohol should not be taken into consideration in this respect. Lucy Bee uses benzyl alcohol in some products. This is a broad-spectrum preservative system (it means it protects against bacteria, yeast and fungi) for personal care (combined to dehydroacetic acid). It meets COSMOS Organic standard and is effective in a wide pH range.
- Do any of the products contain SPF?
Our products do not contain SPF. It is something we are working on behind the scenes, but it is hard to create an SPF that is natural or organic that performs well and feels good on the skin.
For us, we want to create a range that we are happy to wear and at the moment we are still in the trialling stages. We advise you wear SPF sunscreen with the Lucy Bee Face Cream and Dazzling Tonic.
- How should I wash my muslin cloth?
You can wash your muslin cloth in the washing machine and wash at 30C / 86F with similar colours.
Do not dry clean.
- Are your products tested on animals?
Absolutely not. Our products are all certified by the Vegan Society and by Cruelty Free International who both ensure that animal testing is not carried out.
- How should I store my products?
We recommend storing your skincare products in a cool, dry cupboard. We also recommend washing hands before using the products to avoid contamination, especially the face cream where you are dipping your hands into the product.
- How long will my products last?
Once opened, they have a shelf life of 12 months.
- Are your products suitable for eczema sufferers?
Everyone is different so we wouldn’t like to say that they are definitely suitable for every eczema sufferer.
The range has been approved as suitable for sensitive skin so the ingredients are very gentle. However, if you are worried about using the products then we recommend trying a small patch test first before using properly.
- I have acne/prone to breakouts, should I use your products?
Obviously everyone’s skin is very different so people may have different reactions to things. Our Cleansing Cream is hydrating and if you are worried then we recommend doing a small patch test before using the products properly.
- How can I share my testimonial with you?
We’d absolutely love to see how the skincare range has worked for you. If you’d like to share it on social media then please tag us @lucybeeskincare, otherwise, please leave a review on our shop.
- What does dermatologically approved actually mean?
You’ll notice that a lot of products say that they’ve been ‘dermatologically tested’ – this usually means that the products have been tested by a dermatologist. However, that’s all. You don’t know if they’ve passed testing or if they were any good for certain skin types.
By saying we have been dermatologically approved, we can confidently say that a dermatologist has used and approved that our products are suitable for sensitive skin.
- Can I return my packaging to you to be recycled?
Unfortunately, we don’t have the capabilities to do this just yet. As we grow, we hope to be able to offer it. Until we can, you can recycle the majority of the packaging in your household recycling.
- Where is your skincare available?
Currently, our skincare range is only available at our online store.
Are your products safe to use during pregnancy?
Our Radiance-Boosting Face Cream, Dazzling Tonic and Reviving Cleansing Cream are all safe to use if pregnant.
Does this product contain nuts?
Our Reviving Cleansing Cream and Radiance-Boosting Face Cream DO contain nuts and are not suitable for those with nut allergies.
- Is this suitable if I have rosacea?
The range has been dermatologically approved for sensitive skin and has anti-inflammatory properties such as turmeric, which helps with reducing redness. The range also contains aloe vera, coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and apricot oil which are all very soothing, nourishing, hydrating and skin-boosting due to the antioxidant properties.
Lucy suffers from mild rosacea on her cheeks and one of the other team members suffers more seriously with it and they have found the products have really suited their skin and have helped to calm and soothe it. It has also helped to keep the skin hydrated and it doesn’t trigger them to flare up or cause any irritation.
The range will help with hydration but of course everyone’s skin is different and if you have any concerns, we recommend doing a patch test first.
Aqua, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Coconut Alkanes, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Tribehenin, Candelilla Cera, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Citric Acid, Passiflora Incarnata (Passion Flower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol, Chondrus Crispus Powder, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Bisabolol, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Phytate, Arnica Montana (Arnica) Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Alcohol
*organically grown ingredients
45% organic ingredients
99% natural ingredients
Contains nuts - not suitable for those with nut allergies
- UK Ethical Best Buy
- COSMOS Organic (Soil Association)
- Vegan Society
- Cruelty Free International