Who are Soil Association?
The Soil Association was founded in 1946 and are the UK’s largest organic certification body. Their standards set strict benchmarks for organic food production; packaging; animal welfare; wildlife conservation; residues and additives to reassure the buying public over the quality of products labelled organic.
By being certified by Soil Association it gives you the confidence and assurance that we have complete traceability of the supply chain for each ingredient in a product. This gives our customers the reassurance that what they are buying has been independently reviewed to include the source of ingredients, the formulation, as well as packaging, and that the product has been produced in the most sustainable way.
To carry the COSMOS Organic logo:
- For leave on products (i.e. face cream), 95% of all physically processed agro-ingredients must be organic and at least 20% of the total ingredients must be organic.
- For rinse off products (i.e. cleanser), 95% of all physically processed agro-ingredients must be organic and at least 10% of the total ingredients must be organic.
Agro-ingredients are any plant, animal or microbial product derived from agriculture, aquaculture or wild collection/harvest.
We use organic ingredients where possible and to carry the COSMOS Natural logo is assurance from Soil Association that, “those ingredients which cannot be organic are made using green chemistry principles, which means no toxins and no nasties.”
All products with the Soil Association COSMOS logo guarantee:
• No animal testing
• No GM ingredients
• No controversial chemicals
• No parabens and phthalates
• No synthetic colours, dyes or fragrances
The certification says yes to:
• Sustainably sourced organic ingredients
• Using natural colours and fragrances from plants and flowers
• Transparent manufacturing processes
• Biodegradable ingredients
• Minimal packaging with maximum recycled content
• Protecting wildlife and biodiversity
By being certified through Soil Association, you can be sure that you are purchasing something made from sustainably sourced, organic ingredients. In addition, you are buying a product that has a transparent manufacturing process, biodegradable ingredients and uses minimal packaging.
Which products are COSMOS Organic
- Reviving Cleansing Cream
- Exfoliating Tonic
- Radiance-Boosting Face Cream
- Vitamin-Rich Sweet Glow Face Scrub
- Moringa & Pineapple Enzyme Face Mask
- Vitamin C Illuminating Super Serum
- Vitamin A Anti-Ageing Eye Serum
- Fragrance Free Natural Soap
- Lemon, Tangerine & Cinnamon Natural Soap
- Spearmint, Basil & Clove Natural Soap
- Ylang Ylang, Jasmine & Cedarwood Natural Soap
Which products are COSMOS Natural
- Brilliant Balm
- Hydrating Foam Face Wash
- Hydra-Bod Body Cream
Ethical SkincareThat’s not all… all our products are also certified cruelty free by Cruelty Free International, vegan by The Vegan Society as well as being free from palm oil (and any of its derivatives).
You’ll also find the Ethical Best Buy logo on most of our products too!
Shop our Ethical COSMOS Organic and Natural range here.