Preparation Time: Overnight soaking for the split peas plus 25-30 minute
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Allergy Information: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free, Lactose Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free
- 75g split peas and 75g split yellow peas, soaked overnight in cold water
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 200g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 200g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 200g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 75g short grain brown rice
- 75g red lentils
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 200g Swiss chard or cabbage, chopped
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- If you haven’t soaked the split peas overnight, place in a saucepan, bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a large pan, add the onions and sauté over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, parsnips, potatoes and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the split peas, yellow peas, rice and lentils and stock. Season with Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently, for approximately 40 minutes, or until the grains and pulses are soft. Check after 20 minutes and add a little extra liquid, if needed.
- Add the Swiss chard or cabbage and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.