Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 8 - 10
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 750ml water or vegetable stock (check for gluten or lactose)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- Chilli flakes to serve, optional
- Sauté the onions and garlic in Lucy Bee Coconut Oil for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add the chilli and ginger and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add in the stock, sweet potato and butternut squash and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add in the red pepper, chickpeas Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend in a food processor. Serve with a sprinkling of chilli flakes, optional.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.