Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 400g cannellini beans
- 2 slices of toast, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- A handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 – 4 slices of halloumi
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, optional
- A drizzle of Lucy Bee Starseed Omega Oil, to serve
- Add the cannellini beans, breadcrumbs, spinach, red onion, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper to a medium to large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together to combine well before making into either 2 large or 4 smaller patties/burgers.
- Add Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a frying pan, over a medium heat. Once melted, add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until they are completely cooked through.
- Note: The burgers can be slightly delicate so take care when turning them.
- While the burgers are cooking, add the halloumi to a dry pan and cook over a medium/high heat until browned, turning as required.
- Serve with your favourite salad, a little seasoning, if required, and Lucy Bee Starseed Omega Oil drizzled over.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.