Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 15 minutes plus 2 hours refrigeration
Serves: Makes approximately 450g of sauce
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- Puree the tinned tomatoes in a blender and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a pan and melt before adding the onion, garlic, Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns and cook over a medium heat until the onions have softened.
- Add the paprika, Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, apple cider vinegar, tomato puree and blended tinned tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes or so, to reduce the sauce and thicken it - this will also allow the sugar to dissolve. Remove from the heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Place the sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover and chill in the fridge, for at least 2 hours to allow the flavour to infuse - this will be even better if left overnight.
- Serve as required alongside a BBQ, or chips.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.