Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: Makes 6 - 9 brownies
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 120g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 200g 80% cacao dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 ripe avocado
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70g gluten free plain flour
- 35g Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate
- A big pinch Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Line a baking tin, roughly 25cm x 25cm.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil – you can either do this in the microwave or add them to a bowl set over a pan of boiling water. Once melted, stir together and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado with a fork, until completely smooth.
- Using a mixer, whisk the Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and eggs until light in colour and airy (about 3 minutes) then add the avocado to this mixture and keep whisking.
- While the mixer is going round, slowly pour in the chocolate and coconut oil. If you put it in too quickly or don’t let the chocolate oil cool sufficiently, the eggs will scramble so be careful.
- Sieve in the flour and Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate and fold until just combined and then pour the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle the Himalayan salt over the top and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- To test they are done, insert a skewer and there should still be some mixture on it but the brownies shouldn’t wobble.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the tin completely before cutting them up
- Tip: We decorated ours with drizzled melted dark chocolate and edible flowers from the garden!
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.