Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Flour
- 1tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1tsp. cinnamon powder
- 225g very ripe bananas
- 75g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 50g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 100g nut butter – I have used almond and peanut butter, both work well
- 4 medium eggs
- Optional: Large handful of walnuts to stir through
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper (I cheat and buy cake liners!).
- Sift Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder into a mixing bowl.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the flour mixture and place the whites in to a separate bowl.
- Whisk the eggs whites until stiff and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the flour mixture.
- Now whisk the flour ingredients, until blended together. Fold in the egg whites (you don’t have to be too careful with this, as you will not end up with a light fluffy cake, it is more of a loaf) (and the optional walnuts).
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 50 - 55 minutes. Test with a sharp knife or skewer to check if cooked - it should come out clean when inserted into the loaf.
- This tastes great served warm or cold. Try adding to your lunch box for a snack.
You can make it with or without walnuts
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.