Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 12 minutes
Serves: Makes 10 - 12 doughnuts (the doughnut holes in my tin were 7cm in diameter - so on the smaller side and this mixture made 10-12; a tin with larger doughnut holes would make around 8)
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 30g Lucy Bee Coconut Flour
- 20g Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Drinking Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 60g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 1tbsp. boiling water
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 4 eggs
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 50g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids (or a dairy free alternative)
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4. Grease a doughnut tin with a little Lucy Bee Coconut Oil.
- Sieve Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt, into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the water to the Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Whisk together Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, the dissolved Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and eggs in a jug, then pour this over the dry ingredients. Whisk everything together until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the doughnut holes - you don't need to fill to the top as the mixture will rise (if your tin only has 6 holes you’ll have to do this in batches) and bake for 10-12 minutes, until springy to the touch.
- In the meantime, make the glaze. Gently melt the chocolate with Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a small pan. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the doughnuts from the tin, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then dip the top of each one into the glaze and sprinkle with desiccated coconut, if using. Leave to cool and set fully on a wire rack.
- We love these served with ice cream and if you don't have a doughnut mould, they're just as delicious as cupcakes.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.