Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: None - refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate coating has set
Serves: Makes approximately 20 balls
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 120g ground almonds
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder, to taste
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 125g dairy-free dark chocolate, melted
- Dried rose petals or desiccated coconut or Cacao Powder - all optional for topping
- In a high-speed blender, blend the Medjool dates, ground almonds, turmeric powder, ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, grated ginger, vanilla extract and lemon juice, until fully combined into a very thick paste.
- Add the cinnamon and adjust to taste*. Add the chia seeds and blend until combined.
- Using a teaspoon as a measure, spoon out a heaped teaspoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls (it might help to wet your hands to do this to prevent the mixture sticking to you).
- Roll the balls in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with your optional toppings(s). Place onto a tray and refrigerate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- *Tip: if you want a slightly firmer/drier bite, add more ground almonds to achieve desired consistency.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.