Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 3 - 4
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150ml single cream
- 150ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- ½ a handful of fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced to 2-3mm thick
- 1 small bag of spinach, steamed or slightly wilted
- 20g grated cheese, I used cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a pan on a medium heat, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until slightly golden.
- Stir in the cream, then the Lucy Bee Coconut Milk, herbs, nutmeg and seasoning. Gently simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Using a loaf tin, layer the bottom with sweet potato slices (trying not to overlap), followed by a layer of spinach. Repeat until all of the spinach is used, ending with a final layer of sweet potato. (Ideally you should have 3 layers of potato).
- Pour your cream mixture over, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Season again if you wish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve either on its own as a light lunch or as a side dish with fish or meat.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.