Preparation Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (to suit your taste)
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric blend (or a blend of turmeric powder, cardamom, ginger powder, and nutmeg)
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes, or 500g fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and whole black peppercorns, ground, to season
- 125g spinach – this is roughly a big handful
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes, optional
- In a saucepan on a medium-high heat, add Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and once melted, add in the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric blend, paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix together and cook until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the tomatoes - The next stages will vary depending on whether you are using tinned or fresh:
- Tinned tomatoes: add and stir for a couple of minutes to combine. Then add the chickpeas and cook for 5 more minutes. Season and stir the spinach into the tomato mixture. Cook for a final 5 minutes, sprinkle some chilli flakes over and serve.
- Fresh tomatoes: add the fresh tomatoes into the saucepan, cover and cook for 5 minutes, on a medium-high heat to soften the tomatoes. Remove the lid, stir to break the tomatoes, season and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Then add in the chickpeas and spinach and cook for a further 10 minutes. To serve, sprinkle some chilli flakes on top.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.