Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 50g split red lentils
- A vegan or dairy free yoghurt, or a Crème fraiche, with fresh coriander to serve
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chilli, garlic, ginger and onion in Lucy Bee Coconut Oil for 2 minutes (until soft and slightly golden in colour, over a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, carrots, spices and seasoning then continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add your stock and lentils then simmer, with the lid on your saucepan, for 30 minutes. Blend for a smooth consistency, serve with your choice of yoghurt and coriander.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.