Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 houre 25 minutes
Serves: 3 as a main or 6 as a side dish
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 150g spinach
- 500g potatoes, thinly sliced (ideally with a mandolin)
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 6-8 tbsp. Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut, use more for added creaminess
- ½ tbsp. Lucy Bee Super Boost Turmeric Blend
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium white onion, cut into large chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- In a blender, add all the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more water for a runnier consistency and/or more Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut for a creamier consistency. Also, adjust spice and aroma to taste. Set side.
- In a baking dish, add the spinach first, cover with a little of the sauce mix and bake for 5 minutes to wilt the spinach. Remove from the oven.
- Add alternate, thin layers of potatoes to the spinach, followed by the sauce and repeat until all sauce and potatoes have been used up, finishing with a layer of sauce on the top. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 25-30 minutes to crisp up the top a little.
- Serve up immediately either on its own as a main or as a side dish.
- Tip: You can use a muffin tray to make individual portions.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.