20 -25 minutes
None. 2 hours in fridge
6 - 8
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 125g pecan nuts
- 80g pitted dates
- 80g dried apricots
- 2 tsp. Lucy Bee Chai Blend
- 30g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 300g carrots, peeled and grated
- CREAM FROSTING:
- 200g cashews, soaked overnight or hot water for 2 hours
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 30ml)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 75g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- A sprinkle Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder, to serve
- FOR THE CAKE:
- Line 8×8 square tin or equivalent sized round tin.
- Place the pecans, dates, apricots, Lucy Bee Chai Blend, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and desiccated coconut, in a food processor and blitz until almost smooth.
- Add the carrots and blitz to mix all ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the tin and place in the fridge whilst preparing the cream frosting.
- FOR THE CREAM FROSTING:
- Drain the cashew nuts.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth this may take 5 minutes or more depending on the power of your blender.
- Spread over the cake mixture, using a fork for a rough finish. Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder and decorate with pecans.
- This cake will last in the fridge for a week, with the flavours deepening over this time.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.