Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 4 rosti
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 1 egg for the mixture
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- Lucy Bee Starseed Omega Oil, optional
- Add the carrot and parsnip to a saucepan with hot water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In a separate pan, sauté the onion with 1 teaspoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil until golden.
- Drain the carrot and parsnip then mash together using a potato masher.
- Add the onion, thyme and crack the egg into the mix, stir together then divide into four and make rosti/pattie shapes. Melt the remaining Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a frying pan and spoon in your patties. I find using a big spoon helps to form neat round ‘burger’ shapes. Fry each rosti for 2/3 minutes each side on a medium heat but be careful not to burn.
- Enjoy with a poached egg on a bed of spinach, with optional Lucy Bee Starseed Omega Oil drizzled over, for a nutritious lunch!
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.