Preparation Time: 20 -25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serves: Makes 14 mince pies
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 200g pitted dates or prunes
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 large orange (juiced), plus a grating of zest
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 25g flaked almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 packet of pre-made pastry
- Gluten free flour to sprinkle over your work surface and rolling pin
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Grease a deep muffin tray with some Lucy Bee Coconut Oil.
- FOR THE MINCEMEAT:
- In a saucepan, add the prunes or dates, apricots, cranberries, orange juice, zest, Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil. Simmer on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring continuously. Once you have a sticky consistency, stir in the walnuts and flaked almonds then place your saucepan to the side and allow the fruit mixture to cool and thicken.
- Meanwhile, cover your work surface and rolling pin in flour and carefully roll out your pastry. Using a large round cup and star cutter (slightly smaller than the circle) cut out 14 circle shapes and 14 stars.
- Press in one circle shape into each muffin holder. Fill with your fruit mix (now slightly cooled) and cover with your star shape. Do this will all 14 mince pies then brush the pastry with the beaten egg before placing into the oven.
- Bake for 25 mins.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.