Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Serves: Makes 10-16 skeleton bones, depending on size
- 2 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- A sprinkle of Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate, for shading
- A piping bag is required
- Preheat the oven to 100C, 220F, gas mark 1/4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the egg whites into a clean mixing bowl and whisk with a hand-whisk, until stiff peaks are formed.
- One tablespoon at a time add the sugar, whisk then repeat until all the sugar has been added and mix for approximately 5 minutes, until a stiff peak is formed again (to test, try carefully tipping the bowl upside down – the mixture should stay put and not fall out!).
- Fill the piping bag with the meringue mixture and cut the tip of the bag to about the size of a 50p piece.
- Squeeze out the mixture out onto the greaseproof paper and pipe into the shape of a hand and skeleton bones (use the picture for guidance) leaving a 1cm gap between each meringue.
- Once you have piped all the bones, bake for 40 – 50 minutes, until they are easy to peel off the paper - if the mixture is still sticking, pop them in for a little longer.
- Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Using a small amount of Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate and a paintbrush, brush in the creases of the bones to shade and make them look old!
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.