Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: None. Freeze overnight
Serves: Makes 6 lollies
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 180g frozen blackcurrants
- 2 tsp. maca powder (optional)
- 2 tsp. honey, to taste
- 500g yoghurt
- 30g cacao nibs
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate/Lucy Bee Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- FOR THE TOPPING – ONCE LOLLIES ARE FROZEN
- 75g chocolate, melted
- 100g pistachios, crushed
- In a blender, blend the blackcurrants, maca powder (optional), honey and 250g of the yoghurt (add more honey if required to sweeten). When smooth, stir in 10g of cacao nibs and set aside.
- In a clean blender, blend 125g of the yoghurt, Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate/Lucy Bee Cacao Powder and peanut butter, until fully combined, then stir in 10g of the cacao nibs and set aside.
- Stir the remaining 10g of cacao nibs in with the remaining 125g yoghurt.
- Now to make up the lollies - pour the berry mixture 1/5 of the way up each of the ice lolly moulds. In three of the moulds, fill 1/5 with the plain yoghurt mixture and in the other three moulds, fill 1/5 with the peanut mixture. Alternate between the berry and the yoghurt mixtures until almost full.
- Using two skewers, starting one end of the ice mould, swirl the mixture (remember to lift the mixture up and down occasionally to help encourage the marbled effect). When all the lollies have been marbled, put the moulds in the freezer overnight.
- When frozen, remove the lollies from the moulds and dip the ends in melted chocolate and then quickly dip them in the pistachios – the chocolate will set very fast as the lollies will be really cold. Serve immediately.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.