Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 10 as a dip or 4-6 as a main dish with brown rice
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped finely
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tsp. curry powder (see our recipe to make your own)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of water
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Optional - a few jalapenos, chopped
- Optional - grated (vegan) cheese
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- Sauté the carrots, onion, celery and garlic in the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil over a low heat. Start by stirring together well then cover the pan and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cumin and curry powder and stir.
- Add the black beans, tomatoes and water and stir together. Heat until it starts to bubble.
- Simmer for approx 50 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop it from sticking.
- Stir in the coriander and jalapenos if using.
- Season with Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns.
- Optional - put into an oven-proof dish, top with grated cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese starts to bubble.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.