Preparation Time: 20 -25 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 - 15 minutes
Serves: Makes 18 - 20 gingerbread men
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 350g gluten free plain flour
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder
- 85g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 80g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put the flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger and Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder into a food processor. Then add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and blend until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg, Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and maple syrup and blitz until the mixture sticks together.
- Tip the dough out and wrap in clingfilm for 10 minutes.
- Roll the rough out on a lightly floured surface and cut into ginger bread men shapes.
- Place on the baking tray, making sure they aren’t touching each other and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Leave on wired rack for 10 minutes before decorating.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.