Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 50g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 250g red lentils
- 750ml vegetable stock
- Juice of half a lemon
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and ginger. NOTE: peel the ginger using a teaspoon and retain its nutrients.
- Heat Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 5 - 10 minutes until the onions start to colour.
- Add the lentils and stock.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils from sticking.
- Turn the heat down low and cover. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and blitz in a blender.
- Season to serve.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.