Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 175g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 225g gluten free self raising flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- Grated rind 1 1/2 large lemons
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 200g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 1/2 large lemons
- Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, gas mark 5.
- Place the coconut oil in the oven to melt.
- Beat eggs well in a separate bowl and set to one side.
- Beat all other cake ingredients together using an electric whisk or mixer, then add the beaten eggs.
- Beat well until thoroughly combined, smooth and increased in volume. Pour into a greased and floured loaf tin.
- Bake for around 1 hour or until a knife or skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave the cake in the tin and prick all over with a skewer.
- FOR THE LEMON DRIZZLE TOPPING:
- Blend the lemon juice and icing sugar over a gentle heat.
- Spoon gently over the cake allowing the lemon drizzle to soak in. Leave to cool in the tin before serving.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.