Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 1 -2
Allergy Information: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- PASTRY BASE:
- 180g gluten free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, solid
- 75ml ice-cold water
- ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 1 egg, beaten – for the egg wash for the crust
- TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- A handful fresh basil leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 mozzarella pearls, or more if you prefer
- A handful spinach
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and pulse until you have a crumbly mix.
- Now add the cold water and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and mix until just combined (do not overmix or it will turn into a paste). Compact the dough into a ball and wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While your dough is chilling, make the tomato sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, add the garlic and sauté until golden, then add the chopped tomatoes and the basil. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, until the sauce almost resembles a paste, taking care as the sauce may stick to the pan.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper the same size as your oven tray on to the kitchen work surface and dust it with flour. Remove the dough from the fridge and place it in the middle of the greaseproof paper. Flour the top of the pastry ball and start to carefully roll it out into a circle that reaches the width of the paper.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base, leaving 1 1/2 inches around the edge. Top with the tomatoes, mozzarella and spinach. Fold over the unsauced edges of the galette ensuring that there are no cracks around the edge, if there are just pinch them together. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden. Take the pizza out and crack an egg into the middle, sprinkle a few more spinach leaves around the edge of the egg and put back in the oven for about 5-6 minutes depending on how you like your yolk.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.