Preparation Time: 48 hours soaking, 30 minutes preparation
Cooking Time: 4 1/2 hours
Serves: 12 but does depend how hungry
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
- 1kg luxury mixed fruit
- 50g chopped almonds
- 225g gluten free plain flour (can be plain flour)
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Chai Blend
- 225g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 4 eggs, medium
- Preheat the oven to 140 C, 275 F, gas mark 1.
- Soak the mixed fruit in the brandy (or your choice of alcohol) for at least 48 hours – should be soft and blown up.
- Sieve the flour and spices into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar – make sure this is well mixed.
- Beat the eggs, then a tablespoon at a time add them to the creamed mixture beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Once the eggs have been added fold in the flour and Lucy Bee Chai Mix.
- Now stir in the soaked fruit and nuts.
- Place the mixture into a 20cm round cake tin which has been lined with greaseproof paper.
- Tie a band of newspaper or brown paper around the outside of the tin and cover the top of the cake with greaseproof paper with a hole in the middle about the size of a 50p piece.
- Bake cake on lower shelf for around 4 ½ hours – put a skewer into the middle to check the cake is cooked (if the skewer comes out clean the cake is cooked if not put back into oven for another 15 minutes and check again).
- Remove from tin and leave to cool on a rack.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We always recommend referring your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.