Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: None
Serves: Use as a dip
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- ½ cucumber, cored and grated
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 400g dairy free plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 5 springs fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Place the grated cucumber into a fine sieve and mix the Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt in. Allow this to sit for 1 hour+ to drain, occasionally stirring, to help push the liquid through the sieve.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic and olive oil together in a bowl and allow to infuse, until the cucumber is ready.
- When it seems all the liquid is out of the cucumber, put onto a kitchen towel and press down to help absorb any additional moisture. Add the cucumber into the garlic and olive oil mixture before stirring the yoghurt into this mixture.
- Add the dill, mint and lemon juice. Combine fully and keep in the fridge until ready to use. NOTE: If not using immediately, the lemon may thicken the mixture, this is normal, it just needs a good stir to loosen it again.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.