Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 - 45 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 3 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (leave the seeds in for extra heat)
- 500g baby new potatoes, cut into 1cm chunks
- 350g parsnips, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced about 5mm thick
- 3 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, sifted
- 600ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp. vegan yeast flakes, optional (for a cheesy taste)
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- 70g Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, sifted
- 100g roasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 50g gluten free porridge oats
- 5 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the leeks and cook, covered, for 5 minutes, then add the garlic, chilli, potatoes and parsnips. Cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked, stirring occasionally to keep them from catching.
- Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes – again make sure the ingredients don’t stick or burn, by stirring.
- Add the remaining tbsp. of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to the pan, along with Lucy Bee Coconut Flour and stir well to combine. Cook for 1 minute, then slowly add the Lucy Bee Coconut Milk and mustard, stirring continuously.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes over a medium-low heat, then stir in the parsley, yeast flakes, if using, and season.
- Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof baking dish (a 20cm square dish works well here).
- To make the crumble topping, combine Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, hazelnuts and porridge oats in a bowl and rub in Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, using your fingers, until everything is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling and bake for around 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for a few minutes, before serving.
- This is great to have for lunch the next day, too.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.