Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 150g cashews, raw
- 300ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 280g tofu, drained and pressed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric blend (or turmeric powder, cardamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg)
- ½ tsp. chai blend (or cinnamon)
- 1 tsp. coriander, ground
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- ¼ - ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- A pinch of whole black peppercorns, ground
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Serve with extra cashews, coriander, red chilli, and fresh lime
- FOR THE CASHEW COCONUT MILK:
- Soak the cashews for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Add the drained cashew nuts to a blender and blitz until broken down, then add the Lucy Bee Coconut Milk and blitz again until the Coconut Milk and Cashews become creamy and combined. Set aside to be used in the curry.
- FOR THE CURRY:
- Heat the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a large saucepan on a medium high heat.
- Add in the onions and cook until they begin to turn translucent.
- Then add the tofu to the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and spices and stir so that they coat the tofu and onions and cook until they become fragrant (around 5-7 minutes).
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir to combine, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, add the blended cashew and coconut milk and stir to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with coriander, a handful of cashews, fresh lime, and chilli.
- Note: if you are allergic to cashews you can omit them.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.