Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minute
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 8 - 10
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian, Lactose Free, Dairy Free
- FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 50g Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 200ml water
- 80g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Cacao Powder / Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 30g Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 100ml water
- 75g dairy free dark chocolate
- 110g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 50g Lucy Bee Cacao Powder / Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate
- 60g Lucy Bee Coconut Flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 70g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- TIP: If making the caramel sauce for on top, I would recommend making this first and then starting the cake.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Blitz together Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut and water then add to a saucepan along with Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar and Lucy Bee Cacao Powder. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 20-25 minutes – the mixture should begin to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add in the vanilla extract and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a container and place in the fridge and allow it to cool – I left it for an hour which made the mixture the perfect consistency .
- FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, gas mark 3 and line an 8 ½ inch (21.5cm) cake tin.
- Blitz together Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut and water and set aside.
- In a saucepan on a very low heat, add the dark chocolate and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and gently heat until melted, then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine Lucy Bee Cacao Powder, Lucy Bee Coconut Flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, vanilla extract, the Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut mixture and cooled chocolate mixture, until fully combined.
- Sieve in the dry mixture into the wet and carefully mix together with a spoon or cooking spatula.
- Pour the cake mixture into the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked - a knife should come out clean, when inserted into it. Place onto a wire rack to cool.
- When fully cooled, place the cake onto a plate and pour the cooled caramel sauce over it.
- Optional: fruit makes a great topping for this cake or if you prefer to omit the caramel sauce, yoghurt is great with this cake instead.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.