Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 200ml hot sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80g Lucy Bee Coconut Flour
- 1 level tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 level tsp. smoked paprika
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- 225g firm tofu, cut into large chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4 and grease or line two baking trays.
- In a frying pan on a low heat, melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, then add the garlic. Cook gently to infuse before adding the hot sauce. Stir continuously to incorporate the oil and sauce.
- Once the sauce has thickened a little and the oil is fully mixed in, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and seasoning.
- Dip each piece of tofu first in the flour mixture, then the hot sauce mixture, followed by the flour mixture again, making sure it's well coated. Place on the lined baking tray and repeat until all tofu pieces are coated.
- Cook both the tofu nuggets for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the nuggets from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with some vegan garlic mayonnaise, celery sticks, more hot sauce or any other sauce of your choice.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.