Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serves: Makes 12
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 20g Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 85ml water
- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 60g apple sauce
- 6 eggs
- 75g Lucy Bee Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- 50g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 2 small apples, diced into 5mm cubes (around 150g apple peeled and chopped weight)
- 35g pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, gas mark 3. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with baking cases.
- Blend together Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut and water to make 100ml coconut milk and set aside.
- Whisk together Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, apple sauce, coconut milk and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Sift Lucy Bee Coconut Flour, cinnamon powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into another bowl and add a pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt. Stir Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar into the flour mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients along with the apple pieces and pecans. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until risen and golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.