- Exfoliate your body with a body brush or body scrub (we'd recommend our Invigorating Body Scrub), this helps to remove dead skin cells, helping you get that even glow. You should aim to do this the day before you tan (and not the day of tanning!)
- If using on your face, exfoliate to remove dead skin cells (we'd recommend either our Vitamin-Rich Sweet Glow Face Scrub or Exfoliating Tonic). This will help your tan to glide on smoothly and encourage your glow to last longer. Again, we recommend doing this the day before you tan.
- Moisturise the day before tanning, make sure that your skin is moisturised and not dry on the lead up to tanning (again this helps to prevent any patches). We'd recommend our Hydra-Bod Body Cream.
- Wax or shave the day before, not on the day you tan as the pores will be open, this could leave you with the dotty effect on your legs.
- Apply a small amount of moisturiser on any dry areas before applying the tan.
- Use the Lucy Bee Tanning Mitt for the perfect application.
- Make sure your skin and tanning mitt are completely dry before applying tan.
- Wash your hands after applying the tan, you don’t want the tan to develop on your palms!
- Wear loose, dark clothes after tanning, to prevent rubbing it off.
- When rinsing off the tan mousse only use water, do not use any soap or shower gel.
- Keep skin moisturised after tanning, this will help with maintaining your tan.
- Shower over bathing to prolong the tan and pat dry rather than rub.
- Use the Lucy Bee Exfoliating Tonic to remove any unwanted tan on the palms of hands, nails, etc.
- Apply Lucy Bee Coconut Oil or Lucy Bee Face Cream to nails prior to tanning to prevent staining.
- Apply all the way up until the hair line so the tan looks natural. Keep hair back with a headband, or use Lucy Bee Coconut Oil on your roots, to avoid staining. If using Lucy Bee Coconut Oil on your roots, wash your hair when you wash the tan off.
- Apply any moisturiser, deodorant, perfume or makeup before you tan, as these can all impact how your tan sets and develops.
- Wear makeup or jewellery when you do your tan.
- Get sweaty while your tan is developing.
- Apply tan directly to the hands and feet. Instead apply from the arm and leg and use a little tan for a natural finish. Or try using the tanning drops instead of the mousse for a more controlled tan.
- Wear tight, restrictive clothing straight after tanning.
- Use AHA or BHA exfoliants on your skin the same day as tanning.
- Get out of the shower and fake tan straight away. You will be hot and your pores may still be open.
- Don’t rush. Ensure you cover every area including tricky bits like the ankles and elbows.
Unsure how to use the mousse? Follow our video below
About Lucy Bee
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.
Any information provided by us is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. We always recommend referring your health queries to a qualified medical practitioner.