6 x 125g Cinnamon
Current stock: Best Before End 2020 (see here).
Our Cinnamon Powder is Cinnamommum zeylanicum, also known as ‘true cinnamon’ and is associated with more health benefits than cassia cinnamon. It is:
- A sugar free superfood with a delicate flavour
- Naturally lighter in colour than cassia cinnamon
- Gluten and dairy free
- Fair Trade
It is naturally high in:
- Calcium – contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes
- Iron – contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Manganese – contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
How to Use
While many will associate cinnamon with delicious, sticky buns, there are all manner of ways to use this versatile spice. In fact, use it and prepare to fall in love – it can transform any dish, whether sweet or savoury.
For a super smoothie:
- Blend ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder with 10g gluten free oats, a handful of spinach, 20g blueberries, 1 banana and 160ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk.
For a warming hot chocolate:
- Blend ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder with ½ to 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Cacao Powder and 200ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk and warm through.
- Add to bakes and bites
- Stir into porridge and oats
- Use in homemade granola
- Stir into smoothies and drinks
- Sweeten desserts and pancakes
- Use in curries and savoury dishes
- Mix with melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil and pour over vegetables, before roasting.
What do I Taste Like?
An aromatic sweet tasting spice which works surprisingly well in both desserts and savoury dishes!
Our Organic Cinnamon is grown in Kerala, part of the Indian peninsula. We work with small artisan farmers throughout the whole growing process to make farming a viable option.
Why Fair Trade?
With your help we’re making a difference to the lives of those who produce our Cinnamon.
Your Fair Trade contributions here, are being used towards education, solar energy and improving water conservation and harvesting structures for sustainable farming.
- What is cinnamon?
Cinnamon is a spice and can be sold either as a ground powder (as is the case with Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder), or as a tubular quill.
- Where is cinnamon from?
Cinnamon is from the bark of the cinnamon tree. It is native to India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Burma. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder is from Kerala, India.
- Is cinnamon a spice?
Yes, it is. Cinnamon is the second most popular spice in the UK and USA – pepper comes in first!
- Is cinnamon sweet?
Yes, cinnamon is a natural sweetener
- How does cinnamon grow?
Cinnamon is the inner bark of the cinnamon tree and can be sold either as the tubular quill or this quill ground to a powder.
- How to take cinnamon?
Cinnamon Powder can be used as a natural sweetener in bakes or breads; added to smoothies; sprinkled over cereals and porridge; used in curries and sauces.
- What does cinnamon taste like?
Cinnamon has a sweet and warming flavour.
- How is cinnamon made?
Cinnamon powder is made from the inner bark of the cinnamon tree. This is peeled off into a tubular quill and then ground to a powder.
- What is the difference between ground cinnamon and cinnamon powder?
Ground cinnamon and cinnamon powder are the same thing.
- Can you make cinnamon tea with cinnamon powder?
Yes, you can. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water and leave to steep for around 8 minutes before adding your favourite tea. Leave for a further couple of minutes before drinking.
- What is cinnamon powder used for?
Our Cinnamon powder is used as a natural sweetener in foods, bakes, curries, sauces and cereals. It is sugar free.
- How to make cinnamon powder paste?
Mix 2 teaspoons of Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder with 4 teaspoons of honey and stir together to make a cinnamon powder paste. Use on toast, with fruit or add to a smoothie to enjoy.
13. What is the percentage of coumarin in your Cinnamon Powder?
Lucy Bee Cinnamon powder has 0.02% coumarin content.
Our aim is to use totally eco-friendly packaging. We’ve moved away from our old-style tubs for this product and in addition to our own beliefs, we’ve listened to our customers to reduce waste in all areas possible.
Something that we have to consider when packaging our products is the durability of packaging and whether it is ‘fit for purpose’. By this we mean that the products have to reach you in one piece, be kept fresh for you to enjoy and that we use materials which are suitable for the product itself.
Whilst our old-style tubs are recyclable, we realised that these are not as eco-friendly as we would like them to be and so we’ve been busy repackaging our range of powders to use FSC cartons instead.
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) improves how the world’s forests are managed so all of our new cartons carry the FSC logo. The FSC card carton is recyclable, compostable and biodegradable.
To ensure the powders are kept fresh and uncontaminated, they are packaged in an inner bag which is recyclable, and then placed into the carton.
We have to get the cartons from the packers to our warehouse or to stores. To do this, we use sturdy cardboard boxes which double up as a shelf-ready tray for use in stores. This replaces our old card trays and plastic shrink-wrap. In this way, we’re reducing waste and plastic.
100% Organic Cinnamon Zeylanicum
Typical Values Per 100g
Energy (kj) 822
Energy (kcal) 201
of which Saturates 0.3g
of which Sugars 0g
How to Use Video - Turmeric Latte:
How to Use Video - Caramel Truffles: