Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: As per waffle maker instructions
Serves: Makes 10 waffles
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 100g rice flour
- 2 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 400ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 50ml melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, plus extra for cooking
- Maple syrup, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, rice flour and baking powder.
- Separate the eggs placing the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Add the Lucy Bee Coconut Milk and melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to the egg yolks. Beat together using an electric hand whisk.
- Beat the milk and egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Using a clean electric whisk, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gently fold the egg whites into the milk, egg and flour mixture.
- Add a small amount of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to both sides (top and bottom) of your waffle maker, or waffle iron, and cook as per the instruction for your machine.
- Serve with maple syrup and other toppings of your choice.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.