Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 50ml Lucy Bee Coconut Milk
- 40g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 40g spinach
- 40g kale
- 250g gluten free pastry (I used pre-made)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Using a large, deep frying pan, melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil. Add the sweet potato and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add the onion and sauté for another 2 minutes, before adding the garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms have started to soften. Transfer to a pie dish.
- For the sauce, use the same deep frying pan and add the vegetable stock, Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut, Lucy Bee Coconut Milk, Greek yoghurt, wholegrain mustard and thyme. Stir together and bring to a gentle simmer before adding the spinach and kale. Pour the sauce over the sweet potato mix.
- Roll out the pastry and cover the pie filling.
- ‘Wash’ the pastry with a brush and beaten egg then bake for 35-40 minutes.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.