Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 - 5
Allergy Information: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free, Lactose Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 80g Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 940ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red chili (add more for extra heat)
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- A small bunch of coriander
- Heat the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a large frying pan or heavy based-pan with a lid. Add the onions and sweet potato and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is cooking, make the coconut milk - add the Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut and 340ml of water to a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Add the garlic, chili, Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, to the saucepan along with all but 50ml of the coconut milk (which is used to serve). Let this all simmer for 40 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Leave the soup to cool before adding to a blender, along with the remaining 600ml of water (add more water is you prefer a runnier soup) and blend.
- Warm the soup through and serve with a spoonful of the saved coconut milk and a sprinkle of coriander.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.