Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Allergy Information: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 3 shallots or 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped and finely diced
- 5 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 3 mm thick slices
- 125g spinach
- 8 eggs, beaten
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- A pinch of chilli flakes, optional
- 2 tbsp. vegetarian hard cheese (please note parmesan is not vegetarian)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark4.
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a large pan. Add the shallots/onion and cook for a couple of minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, followed by the sweet potato. Stir together.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes (or until the sweet potato is soft), turning in-between.
- Add the spinach, cover and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes then transfer to a baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, add seasoning and chilli flakes (optional) then pour over your potato mix. Top with grated parmesan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Check your frittata is cooked through – a knife should come out clean.
- Can be served either hot or cold. Great for lunch boxes!
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.