Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 - 6
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 medium onions
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves
- 2 small aubergines
- 2 peppers – red green or yellow
- 3 medium courgettes
- 6 large tomatoes or 40 cherry tomatoes or 1 tin tomatoes
- 50g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 big bunch fresh thyme or 1tsp. dried thyme
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Cut the aubergines into bite-sized cubes.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Top and tail the courgettes, then cut in half lengthwise. Place them flat side down before slicing down the middle and cutting into cubes.
- If using large tomatoes, chop them into small bits and remove the tough stalk part.
- In a large heavy-based frying pan add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, gently sauté the onions and garlic until soft but not brown.
- Add the aubergines and peppers and continue to sauté over a low heat until the vegetables start to soften - you may need to add a little more Lucy Bee Coconut Oil (aubergines love oil).
- Add the courgettes and cook for a couple of minutes then add the tomatoes, thyme, Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns and stir everything together.
- With the lid on, simmer gently for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and continue cooking for a further 15 to 30 minutes until the tomato juice has evaporated - you do not want to end up with ratatouille soup!
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.