Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Can make Vegan (see below)
- 200g ground almonds
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 140g Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar
- 150g gluten free self raising flour
- 3 eggs*
- 250g raspberries (either fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp. flaked almonds
- NOTE: *for a vegan option, replace the eggs with 3 tbsp. milled flaxseed mixed with 9 tbsp. water in a cup. Leave to stand for up to 10 minutes to allow it to swell to the right consistency
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, gas mark 4.
- Base-line and grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Mix the ground almonds, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, Lucy Bee Coconut Sugar, flour, and eggs (or vegan option milled flaxseed and water paste) in a food processor or use hand whisk until well combined.
- NOTE: at this point you could roll the mixture together and cover it in clingfilm (as you would pastry) and leave it in the fridge. It will keep for a couple of days before bringing to room temperature and then using.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread - you might find this easier to do with your fingers.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, until golden and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. If using frozen raspberries, I've found this recipe needs an hour.
- Cool to remove from the tin. Store in an airtight container. This cake can be frozen - defrost completely to enjoy.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.