Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes (plus 1 hour in the fridge)
Serves: 4 (makes around 16 balls)
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 3 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 250g mushrooms (I used chestnut mushrooms), roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 35g walnuts, crushed
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 40g sundried tomatoes
- 1 tin of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 70g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 15g parsley, roughly chopped
- On a medium heat add 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a frying pan and when hot add the white onion and cook until it starts to become translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms, garlic and walnuts, and cook until the mushrooms begin to cook and reduce in size.
- Add in the ground Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, chilli flakes, ground cumin, oregano, tamari, sundried tomatoes, and beans and stir to combine. Cook for a further two minutes to begin to soften the beans.
- Then add in the tomato puree and lemon juice, stir and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add this mixture to a food processor, and pulse to combine all the ingredients together until they begin to form a paste.
- Add in the breadcrumbs and parsley and pulse until they are incorporated into the rest of the mix.
- Roll the mix into ball shapes, I would recommend putting these in the fridge for an hour to help them set in their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4 when they are nearly ready to come out the fridge.
- Put onto a baking tray and drizzle the last 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil (melted) over. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, then take them out and turn them over, before cooking for a further 25 minutes.
- These are great served with a tomato sauce and brown rice or gluten free pasta. You can also make these a couple of days before and reheat to serve.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.