Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g brown rice
- 1-2 tbsp. red/white wine vinegar
- 500ml vegetable stock
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground
- 1 tbsp. maca powder
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast, optional
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- In a pan on a low-medium heat, melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, then add the chopped onions and fry until soft.
- Add the tarragon and stir into the onions before adding the chestnut mushrooms. Fry for 3 minutes to soften the mushrooms before adding the garlic and rice. Fry for 3 minutes to break the structure of the rice before adding the red/white wine vinegar.
- Add the stock a little at a time, stirring continuously. *
- Season the risotto, to taste, with Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns.
- Add maca powder, Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut and optional nutritional yeast. Add a splash of water in to help incorporate the powders into the dish and to melt the Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut.**
- Finally stir the fresh parsley in and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- * TIP: to help cook the flavour into the rice and create a sticky risotto, in between adding stock, allow the rice to dry fry for 1 minute and then add the stock, repeat until stock is all used.
- ** TIP: If the rice is still quite hard, add some more water and cook it off until the rice is at the desired consistency.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.