Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours chilling
Serves: Makes 4 large bars but you can cut smaller
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 150g 85% dark chocolate or any other good quality dark chocolate
- 50g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 100g quinoa
- 100g chia seeds
- 100g sesame seeds
- 100g pistachios crushed (I used my Nutri Bullet)
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt
- In a heat resistant bowl melt the chocolate and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil.
- Place a large heavy based frying pan over a medium heat, when hot add the quinoa and keep stirring and shaking the pan - the quinoa will start to pop like popcorn after about 1 to 2 minutes and turn golden. Remove from the heat and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Now add the chia seeds to the pan and repeat as above, the chia seeds will not pop and only need to be dry roasted for 1 minute, being careful not to burn. Add to the quinoa in the mixing bowl.
- Now add the sesame seeds repeat as above, the sesame seeds will turn golden, dry roast for about 2 minutes, stirring and shaking the pan, now add the sesame seeds to the quinoa and chia seeds.
- Stir the Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/Lucy Bee Drinking Chocolate into the chocolate mixture and then add the roasted seeds, pistachios and Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Place in a lined baking tray, and place in the fridge for 2 hours before eating. Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.