Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, diced (par-boil if you want it softer)
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, minced
- ½ tsp Lucy Bee Chai Blend
- 1 level tsp. Lucy Bee Turmeric Blend
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. Lucy Bee Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 100ml water
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut
- ¾ cauliflower*, very finely chopped to resemble rice
- Juice of 1 lime
- To serve: cashews, wedge of lime and chilli flakes, optional
- Melt the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in a pan on a medium-high heat and add the onions and carrots and fry until the onions have softened.
- Add the courgettes and fry for 2 minutes before reducing the heat a little and adding the ginger and garlic.
- Add all the spices and stir to fully coat all of the vegetables.
- Add the tomato puree and water, allow to simmer for 2 minutes before adding the chickpeas. Season to taste and add the Lucy Bee Creamed Coconut (add more if you prefer your curries creamier), along with the cauliflower rice. Stir together well, along with the lime juice. Fry for 7 minutes, ensuring the mixture is well combined – if needed, add a splash of water to the pan so the mixture doesn’t stick or burn.
- Serve the Cauliflower Biryani with some cashews, a wedge of lime and some chilli flakes if you want extra heat. This is ideal as a dish on its own or as a side with a saucy curry.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.