Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 - 30 minutes
Allergy Information: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegetarian
- 4 tall asparagus stalks
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1.3 litres of water
- 150g green pesto (check if vegetarian)
- 100g ricotta
- 5 brazil nuts, crushed
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- Use a potato peeler to slice ½ of each asparagus stalk into ribbons then set aside.
- Add the Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a deep frying pan and when hot, add the onion and sauté for 1 minute then add the rice, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, stir and cover. Leave this for about 3-4 minutes, until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- Add 500ml of water and repeat as above. The liquid should be absorbed before adding more.
- Add the remaining water, stir, cover and leave for 5-6 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the risotto is a sticky texture.
- Stir in the pesto, ricotta, asparagus and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until the asparagus has softened/cooked.
- Remove from the heat and top with a handful of crushed brazil nuts and chopped parsley. Season as required.
Lucy Bee is a lifestyle brand selling food, skincare and soap products all completely free from palm oil and with minimal use of plastic. Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, organic, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and empowering people to make informed choices and select quality, natural products for their food and their skin.